You have several options for orthodontic treatments that effectively straighten teeth. Damon™ Smile braces are a good option for patients who desire a method that is quick, convenient, and discreet.
Many patients want to avoid traditional braces that can cause pressure and uncomfortable pain. Traditional braces have wires and brackets that extend throughout the mouth, which gradually move teeth into their proper position with some pressure. They also use ties that connect wires to the teeth.
Damon Smile technology is different because it helps to guide teeth gently into place by reducing the amount of force. When you can wear braces in comfort, the process becomes much less intimidating.
The Benefits of Damon Smile Braces
- Faster results. Damon braces don’t contain metal or plastic ties, so there’s no need to tighten the wire on them. Damon Smile also has a unique system that allows for self-ligating. This system has a specialized clip with a “door” in place of the elastics in traditional braces.
- Fewer appointments. Lightweight, shape-memory wires allow teeth the freedom to move faster, without the need for as many adjustments.
- Comfort. Damon Smile realigns teeth and enhances facial appearance without extracting any teeth or using rapid palatal expanders. The slide mechanism facilitates more comfortable repositioning of your teeth.
- Better oral health. Damon braces are easier to clean because they don’t have ties attached where food particles commonly get stuck.
- Helps with facial balance. These braces can help achieve a wider smile, improves facial profiles, and help to decrease dark triangles that appear in the corners of the mouth.
If you’re considering a braces treatment for yourself or your child, ask Dr. Quas, Dr. Wiater and Dr. Kang about the Damon Smile system and how this orthodontic method can achieve the results you’re looking for. There are an array benefits to appreciate when you compare the Damon method to traditional braces.
Feel free to contact our Bend, Redmond, Prineville, La Pine or Sisters OR office if you have questions regarding orthodontic treatment for a more beautiful smile.